Fitbit is synonymous with fitness tracker. Safe to say, it's one of the best on the market. The prices are reasonable, the features are all-encompassing, and there is a Fitbit for everyone, from the gym rat to the newbie. But with so many different options available and new ones launching almost every year, it's confusing find the best one for you.
That's why we've done the work for you, with the key features, the pros and cons, the prices, and why it's perfect for you.
Fitbit Charge 2
With some of the best fitness tracker features available and a good-sized screen, the Fitbit Charge 2 is definitely in our top-3.
- Key Features: Screen, HR Tracker, Waterproof, 4+ Day Battery Life, Smartphone Notifications
- Pros: Large, useful screen and comfortable
- Cons: GPS only through phone, waterproof but not compatible to swim with
- Price: $199.95 on Amazon.ca
- Perfect For: Fitness enthusiasts who want to know more and get better
Fitbit Alta & Alta HR
Slim and classic, the Fitbit Alta and it's 2nd edition Alta HR provide the most important fitness tracking needs.
- Key Features: Screen, HR Tracker (Only in Alta HR), 7+ Day Battery Life, Smartphone Notifications
- Pros: Slim and sleek design
- Cons: Small and difficult to read screen
- Price: $169.95 at Amazon.ca for the Alta; $199.95 at Amazon.ca for the Alta HR
- Perfect For: Anyone who's both style and money conscious and care about their fitness, without wanting an in-depth look into their fitness.
Fitbit Flex 2
With water resistance and one of the lowest prices, this is the best budget purchase.
- Key Features: Waterproof, 5+ Day Battery Life, Track Swimming, Smartphone Notifications
- Pros: Sleek design, and tracks your swimming
- Cons: No HR tracker and slow to charge
- Price: $79.95 on Amazon.ca
- Perfect For: Anyone who wants basic fitness tracking without too much money
The newest launch from Fitbit, the Versa is bigger and better, with more features than ever.
- Key Features: Screen, HR Tracker, Waterproof, 4+ Day Battery Life, Fitbit Pay, Smartphone Notifications
- Pros: Lightweight design, tracks swims
- Cons: No GPS, so you have to use your phone
- Price: $199.95 at Fitbit.com for Pre-Order
- Perfect For: The advanced athlete who wants the best, but for a little less money
Get more than ever before with the Ionic, for the most money too.
- Key Features: HR Tracker, Waterproof, Tracks Swims, 5+ Day Battery Life, Fitbit Pay, Smartphone Notifications, Personal Coaching, Built-in GPS
- Pros: Bright display and fully fledged smartphone capabilities
- Cons: Slow interface and costly
- Price: $299.95 at Fitbit.com
- Perfect For: The advanced athlete that wants it all.