You must be logged in to Sign-Up for in-stock notifications. Click here to login
Natural & Organic
Zwell boneZ Repair, approved by Health Canada (NPN # 02244254), for the development and maintenance of strong bones, is a supplement delivering a highly bio-available source of calcium, co-factor nutrients and protein needed for optimal bone density.
* Contains Calcium Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite (MCHC), an extract of whole bone that contains calcium, magnesium, zinc, silica, manganese and other trace minerals in their natural ratios
* Also contains traces of bone matrix, the proteins needed to hold calcium molecules in place
* Has been shown to restore bone loss and increase cortical thickness in clinical studies (1)
* Other studies show supplementation with MCHC increases the healing rate of fractures (2)
* Is a suitable therapy in preventing osteoporosis, for pre- and post-menopausal women (3,4)
Osteoporosis, a condition of reduced bone mineral density that can increase risk of fractures, affects a large proportion of the elderly population. It is generally accepted that obtaining enough dietary calcium throughout life can significantly decrease the risk of developing osteoporosis.
The Power Of Protein
The bone matrix is the structural “back-bone” of the skeleton and is made from protein. Without a strong and robust matrix, there is nothing for calcium molecules to attach to. Dietary supplements that support a strong and dense bone structure must not over-look the important role the matrix plays in bone health because supplementing with calcium alone, regardless of the type or the dosage, will do little to increase bone mass and thickness if the structure that holds calcium in place is thin and frail. In order to truly address the issue of bone loss, one must supplement with calcium and protein matrix. This approach is like reinforcing the walls and the roof of your aging house, not just putting furnishings in a dilapidated building.
A Question Of Safety
Zwell boneZ Repair tablets are safe, complete and useful dietary supplements for individuals who wish to increase their intake of calcium and other nutritional factors for the maintenance of healthy bone function and optimal bone density.
1. Pines A, Raafat H, Lynn AH, Whittington J. Clinical trial of microcrystalline hydroxyapatite compound (‘Ossopan’) in the prevention of osteoporosis due to cortcosteroid therapy. Curr Med Res Opin 1984;8:734-42.
2. O’Brien KO. Combined calcium and vitamin D supplementation reduces bone loss and fracture incidence in older men and women. Nutr Rev 1998;56:148-50.
3. Uusi-Rasi K, Sievanen H, Pasanen M, Oja P, Vuori I. Maintenance of body weight, physical activity and calcium intake helps preserve bone mass in elderly women. Osteoporos Int 2001;12(5):373-9.
4. Uusi-Rasi K, Sievänen H, Pasanen M, Oja P, Vuori I. Associations of calcium intake and physical activity with bone density and size in premenopausal and postmenopausal women: a peripheral quantitative computed tomography study. J Bone Miner Res. 2002 Mar;17(3):544-52.
5. Barger-Lux MJ, Heaney RP. The role of calcium intake in preventing bone fragility, hypertension, and certain cancers. J Nutr 1994;124:1406S-1411S.
6. Benderdour M, Bui-Van T, Dicko A, Belleville F. In vivo and in vitro effects of boron and boronated compounds. J Trace Elem Med Biol 1998;12:2-7.
7. M. J. Bolland, A. Grey, A. Avenell, G. D. Gamble, I. R. Reid. Calcium supplements with or without vitamin D and risk of cardiovascular events: reanalysis of the Women's Health Initiative limited access dataset and meta-analysis. BMJ, 2011; 342 (apr19 1): d2040 DOI: 10.1136/bmj.d2040
Warnings & Contraindications: There are no known side effects reported from the use of this product, however, please consult your health care professional if you are currently taking prescribed medications before beginning this product.
Ingredients1: Each tablet contains - Calcium Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite* 1,000mg. Yielding - Calcium-250mg, Phosphorus-130mg, Protein-250mg, Boron(as Boron Aspartate)...2.5mg * Sourced from free-range Australian Bovine
Ingredients2: Recommended Dose And Use: A factor in the maintenance of good health. Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth. Adults take 2-4 tablets daily with meals.
Zwell thinks it is important to find natural ways to keep yourself healthy. SHOP.CA offers a number of Zwell products to help you keep yourself feeling young and refreshed! Save even more on these great deals by signing up to become a SHOP.CA member and start generating Rewards that can be used on future purchases! With free shipping and returns it’s easy to SHOP HAPPY with SHOP.CA!
Continue Shopping:Zwell Homeopathic