CANADIAN TECH COUPONS & DEALS
Most of us love having the latest technology, but few have the budget to pay full price on every piece of tech that hits the market. Consumer electronics in Canada tend to be pricy, but the category sees enough competition to guarantee great deals, coupons, promotions and seasonal discounts on the following categories: audio, cameras, cellphones, computers, TVs, printers, software, tablets, headphones and online services.
TYPES OF PROMOS
Being smart about your tech purchases can give you more bang for your buck when it comes to the latest gadgets. Canadian discounts are plentiful, but making sure you're getting the best possible price will require some research. Money-saving opportunities in the tech category include the following types of offers:
- Coupon codes offering $ or % off your purchase
- Seasonal sales such as Boxing Day or Black Friday
- Clearance discounts on electronics replaced by newer models
- Deals on refurbished products
- Free shipping offers
THE MAIN PLAYERS
When looking to score sweet deals on your tech purchases, starting with the biggest tech retailers is probably a good idea. Tech giants will have the best selection and frequently the best prices on consumer electronics, simply because they can afford to offer bigger discounts. However, don't forget about the smaller retailers when doing your comparison shopping. You might be surprised by an unexpected promotion that will get you the better deal on your tech goods.
Some of the notable players in the Canadian tech retailer landscape include:
- Best Buy Canada
- Newegg Canada
- Dell Canada
- Lenovo Canada
- NCIX Canada
- Microsoft Canada
TECH SHOPPING TIPS FOR THE PROS
We've seen our fair share of deals and promos and know what to look for when it comes to getting the best possible prices. Here are some option to consider when shopping in the tech category:
- Compare, compare, compare! Tech retailers offer a lot of the same products, but sometimes at very different prices. Prices on the same item can vary by as much as 20% between retailers. Do your research and avoid overpaying!
- Look for price matches. Some larger Canadian retailers will match a competitor's lower advertised price or even beat it by 10%! Once you buy an item, you tend to stop looking for it on flyers. But do keep an eye on price drops in competitor's ads, as many larger tech retailers will match the price up to 30 days after purchase! This could be pretty significant, especially when purchasing big-ticket items.
- Take advantage of the biggest deals of the year. Electronics see significant markdowns on deal days Boxing Day and Black Friday in Canada. If you can take the stress of "limited quantities" and the general post-holiday frenzy, the potential is huge for some good savings.
- Check flyers and sign up to email lists. Staying in the loop with your favourite tech retailers will keep you well informed on all the latest deals and Canadian promotions. Looking at flyers ahead of time will also allow you to do some comparison shopping and check for price match offers ahead of the sale date! Avoid the disappointment of a missed deal!