WinTV-HVR-1600 with NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, WinTV v7 application, Hauppauge remote control, on-board IR receiver and blaster, with French/Englsh manual
Watch hi-definition ATSC digital TV and clear QAM digital TV on your PC! Analog cable TV, too!
- Dual format TV tuner for your PC. Watch ATSC and clear QAM digital TV or analog cable TV, in a window or full screen.
- Watch and record all digital TV formats, including the highest definition 1080i format
- Includes TV scheduler, remote control and IR blaster to control satellite and cable TV set top boxes.
WinTV-HVR-1600 has these great features
- Watch analog or digital TV on your PC screen, in a window or full screen.
- Watch and record clear QAM digital cable TV. Clear QAM digital TV are unencrypted digital TV channels broadcast by your local cable operator on their cable TV networks.
- Watch and record ATSC high definition digital TV on your PC. ATSC HD is the over-the-air high definition TV standard for North America.
- Watch and record analog cable TV. The WinTV-HVR-1600 has a built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder, so your PC continues to run at full speed while recording analog cable TV.
- Includes Hauppauge's WinTV v7 application. If you live in an area where you can receive both ATSC digital and analog TV over the air, you can switch between analog and digital channels automatically.
- Includes an IR blaster to change the channel on your satellite or cable TV set top box.
- Bundled software includes a TV scheduler with link to TitanTV plus Ulead's DVD MovieFactory authoring and burning software.
Digital Clear QAM features
If you are using digital cable which broadcasts digital cable channels "in the clear" (clear QAM), you can receive these QAM channels with the WinTV v7 application.
Note: not all cable TV networks broadcast clear QAM channels. For clear QAM availability, please check with your local cable TV operator.
Note: To watch clear QAM channels, you should use either Windows 7 Media Center or the Hauppauge WinTV v6 or v7application.
Note: Certain older Media Center Models (namely the 74551 and 74031) of this product do not support Clear QAM.
Digital ATSC HD TV features
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuner built-in. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the high definition 1080i format!
- Record ATSC digital TV to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 Gb of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition.
Analog TV features
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuner built-in. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- Composite/S-Video and audio inputs, for cable or satellite set top boxes or VCRs.
- Record TV shows to your PC's hard disk using the built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder. While recording, the hardware encoder does all the work so your PC continues to run at full speed! 1-2 Gigabytes of disk is used per hour of recorded video.
WinTV-HVR-1600 brings over-the-air high definition ATSC digital TV, clear QAM digital cable TV and analog cable TV to your PC. Watch and record TV in a window or full screen using high quality MPEG-2.
Clear QAM TV channels are unencrypted digital TV channels broadcast by your local cable operator. Many cable operators in North America are transmitting the high definition ATSC channels on their cable networks. They also broadcast the basic cable channels in using clear QAM. You can use either Windows Media Center from Windows 7 or the WinTV v6 or v7 application to watch and record these channels.
ATSC digital TV is the over-the-air HD digital TV for North America. ATSC digital TV typically requires an antenna for reception, and is currently broadcast in 200 cities, with over 1500 TV stations. ATSC broadcasts range in resolution from standard definition up to the high definition 1080i format. The WinTV-HVR can be used to watch and record all ATSC formats.
Note: ATSC digital TV is NOT digital cable TV or digital satellite TV. The WinTV-HVR-1600 cannot receive digital satellite TV.
ATSC digital TV brings you sharper pictures and enriches your PCs multimedia experience with near CD quality sound. WinTV-HVRs ATSC digital TV tuner adds great features to your TV viewing: high definition TV reception, automatic identification of channel names plus records high-definition digital TV programs to your PCs hard disk in an MPEG-2 format without any loss in quality.
Create your own personal Digital Video Recorder! Record cable TV or ATSC digital TV shows to disk with MPEG-2. Use the WinTV-Scheduler to schedule the recordings of your favorite analog or ATSC digital TV programs. Play the recordings back to your PC screen at any time.
Control your cable TV or satellite set top box with WinTV-HVR-1600s IR Blaster. Both the WinTV2000 and WinTV-Scheduler can automatically control the channel on your set top box, so you no longer need to manually change set top box channels.
Are you using Windows XP Media Center Edition or Vista? If so, you can add WinTV-HVR-1600 as either the primary or as the second TV tuner. The Microsoft Media Center application* supports up to two TV tuners, so you can watch one TV channel while recording another! And WinTV-HVR-1600 has Windows Vista Premium certification.
Technically speaking: WinTV-HVR-1600 contains two tuners: a ATSC digital TV tuner for over the air digital TV reception plus a 125-channel cable ready TV tuner. For ATSC digital TV, all 18 ATSC formats including 1080i can be watched or recorded to disk as a Program Stream. A highly integrated MPEG-1/2 hardware encoder is on-board for recording analog cable TV to disk. The playback of the recorded ATSC digital or MPEG-1/-2 encoded analog program is done through a software MPEG-2 player.