Hauppauge Computer Works Audio Accessories at SHOP.CA
WinTV-HVR-1850 MC-Kit, with WinTV-HVR-1850 model 1129 board, NTSC/ATSC/QAM support, the Hauppauge WinTV v7 application, FM radio and on-board Media Center remote control receive/blast. English/French manual for Canada.
Dual tuner PCI Express NTSC/ATSC/QAM TV tuner board for Windows Vista. Watch and record analog cable TV plus hi-definition ATSC or clear QAM digital TV on your PC!
- Dual tuner TV board for your PC: one analog TV tuner and one digital TV tuner
- Single slot PCI Express (PCIe) X1 board, full height
- Built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder for recording analog cable TV, for the best system performance
- Watch and record all ATSC formats, including the highest definition 1080i format
- Supports clear QAM digital cable TV channels with Hauppauge's WinTV v7 (on some models) or Windows 7 Media Center
The new WinTV-HVR-1850 board now includes a built-in Windows Media Center compatible remote control receiver/blaster!
The WinTV-HVR-1850 board adds on-board Media Center and WinTV remote control receiver/blaster. Now you can get IR receive and blast for both Windows Media Center and the WinTV v7 application, without needing an external "beanbag". All of the other features of the WinTV-HVR-1850 remain the same as the WinTV-HVR-1800.
WinTV-HVR-1800/1850 has these great features
- Watch and record ATSC high definition digital TV or analog cable TV on your PC, in a window or full screen! ATSC HD is the over-the-air high definition TV standard for North America.
- Watch and record 'clear QAM' digital TV channels. Clear QAM digital TV channels are TV channels which are broadcast "in the clear" on your cable TV network.
- Two tuners on board: a 125 channel cable ready TV tuner and an ATSC/QAM digital TV tuner.
- Compatible with Hauppauge's WinTV v7 application, which allows you to toggle between analog cable TV, QAM and ATSC digital TV channels.
ATSC Digital TV features
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuner built-in. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the high definition 1080i format!
- Supports Dolby Digital AC3 audio
- Record ATSC digital TV to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 GB of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition.
Analog TV features
- Built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder, so your PC continues to run at full speed while watching, pausing and recording analog cable TV
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuner built-in. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- Composite/S-Video and audio inputs, for cable or satellite set top boxes or VCRs.
Digital QAM features
If you are using digital cable which broadcast the local ATSC channels, you can receive these QAM channels with WinTV v6 or v7 or Windows Media Center in Windows 7.
Note: not all cable TV networks send clear QAM channels. Please check with your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAM cable TV channels.
WinTV-HVR-1850 brings over-the-air high definition ATSC digital TV and analog cable TV to your PC. Watch and record TV in a window or full screen using high quality MPEG-2.
New! WinTV-HVR-1850 brings you all the great features of the WinTV-HVR-1800, but adds on-board Media Center and WinTV remote control receiver/blaster. Now you can get IR receive and blast for both Media Center and Hauppauge's WinTV v7 application (included with some models), with one device. All of the other features remain the same as the WinTV-HVR-1800.
Clear QAM TV channels are unencrypted digital TV channels broadcast by your local cable operator. Many cable operators in North America are transmitting the high definition ATSC channels on their cable networks. They also broadcast the basic cable channels in using clear QAM. You can use Windows 7 Media Center to watch clear QAM digital TV programs with the WinTV-HVR-1850.
Note: clear QAM digital TV programs are not available on all cable networks. Contact your local cable TV operator for information on clear QAM digital cable TV.
ATSC digital TV is the over-the-air HD digital TV for North America. ATSC digital TV typically requires an antenna for reception, and is currently broadcast in 200 cities, with over 1500 TV stations. ATSC broadcasts range in resolution from standard definition up to the high definition 1080i format. The WinTV-HVR can be used to watch and record all ATSC formats.
ATSC digital TV brings you sharper pictures and enriches your PCs multimedia experience with near CD quality sound. WinTV-HVRs ATSC digital TV tuner adds great features to your TV viewing: high definition TV reception, automatic identification of channel names plus records high-definition digital TV programs to your PCs hard disk in an MPEG-2 format without any loss in quality.
Two tuners to simplify connections The WinTV-HVR-1850 has two tuners: one for analog cable TV plus FM radio, and one for ATSC/QAM digital TV. You can connect both cable TV and an ATSC digital TV antenna at the same time.
Create your own personal Digital Video Recorder! Record cable TV shows to your PC's hard disk with our built-in high quality MPEG-2 hardware encoder. You can also record high definition digital ATSC and QAM to disk in the original digital quality. Use the WinTV-Scheduler to schedule the recordings of your favorite analog or ATSC digital TV programs. Play the recordings back to your PC screen at any time.
Are you using Windows Media Center? If so, you can add WinTV-HVR-1850 as either the primary or as the second TV tuner. The Microsoft Media Center application supports up to two TV tuners, so you can watch one TV channel while recording another! And WinTV-HVR-1850 has Windows 7 AQ and Windows Vista Premium certification.
Technically speaking: WinTV-HVR-1850 is a PCI Express X1 board. It contains two tuners: a digital TV tuner to receive ATSC and QAM channels plus a 125-channel cable ready TV tuner. For ATSC and QAM digital TV, all 18 ATSC formats including 1080i can be watched or recorded to disk as a MPEG-2 Program Stream. A highly integrated MPEG-1/2 hardware encoder based on the Conexant -418 is on-board for recording analog cable TV to disk. The playback of the recorded ATSC and QAM digital TV and MPEG-2 encoded analog programs are done through a software MPEG-2 player.