Want To Join The Revolution?
We dream big, plan big and are executing big. Our ten core values are:
- Relentless focus on the customer
- Building great partnerships that are WIN3 (Customer/Partner/SHOP.CA)
- Daily commitment to respect, honesty and integrity equals success
- Every challenge is an opportunity to innovate
- Embrace and share lifelong learning
- Positive outlooks solve problems
- Maximize every minute by turning one day into two
- Create value in everything you do
- Do more than you're asked and deliver more than you promise
- Enjoy the journey as that is the true treasure
We are driven by these core values. Think you have what it takes? Send us your resume to start your journey with SHOP.CA: email@example.com
Currently available positions include:
Customer Loyalty Representative
We don't want our customer loyalty representatives to just answer the phones. We want them to help foster a revolution in online shopping that starts with them, at the front lines. If you're jazzed about being part of a company that is truly dedicated to putting our customers first and building the best online shopping experience in the country, it's not for the meek, but if you have what it takes then we might just have the job for you!
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Cross functional support team skills; able to answer phone calls, reply to emails and interact
- with customers in live chats
- Listening, problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adhere to company values of openness, velocity, innovation, and reliability
- Minimum Education/Experience:
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
- Computer literate (you're not a coder, but you love your computer)
Platform: Quality Assurance Analyst
As “Quality Assurance Analyst”, you are an integral part of SHOP.CA’s Research and Development team. You are responsible for all quality assurance practices in the company. This includes QA testing and verifying that new product releases are ready for release to production, ensuring that the company meets and exceeds its service level agreements by developing and managing Quality of Service performance and availability monitoring processes, and ensuring that the SHOP.CA user experience is error-free, fast and efficient.
In addition to executing and developing QA test cases, the position also involves expanding the company’s use of automated testing tools and processes. You will have direct influence over the creation and expansion of SHOP.CA’s build & test automation capabilities. You are an individual who can learn fast, has 3-5 years experience (with direct coding experience) in the R&D teams of enterprise-class software companies, leading online marketing solutions or digital agencies and has patience for the details. Particular emphasis will be placed on candidates with direct experience with eCommerce, mobile commerce and mobile apps testing.
You never assume something works correctly the first time and you get great satisfaction out of proving developers wrong! You like to break code, tear it apart and get to the bottom of bugs, performance testing, automated testing and the like. You are not satisfied with simply executing manual user tests; you’d rather automate it with code than test it by hand. You show initiative and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, challenge the development and operations teams to reach higher standards of performance and availability and be 100% focused on getting the job done.
- Responsible for creating/executing test plans for all SHOP.CA applications.
- Responsible for coding, building and implementing a robust test case framework and database and for automating all test activities at SHOP.CA.
- Responsible for building tools to monitor the performance and availability company’s production systems including defining a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that summarize the system health. To present to management regular QoS reporting of system availability and to make recommendations to R&D management on ways to improve QoS KPIs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- You have 3-5 years testing experience in a large object oriented project specifically with HTML5, PHP and Java
- You have hands on experience with Git/SVN, Jira and Eclipse software development tools
- Development and scripting background a strong asset.
- Knowledge in software testing methodology.
- Understanding of change management processes.
- Experience testing high-performance dynamic web applications including stress and performance testing.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented and highly analytical.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Linux, MySQL, Apache stacks is a plus.
Platform: Engineering / Development, web-developer, user interface / user experience
SHOP.CA is Canada’s newest and largest eCommerce destination – or at least it will be with your help and talent. We are seeking developers expert at web-based UI development.
- Act as a user interface developer within a multi-dimensional project team
- Use all available and emerging creative development tools in your work
- Work with and enhance project documentation related to storefront development. This includes, but is not limited to, Storefront Requirements Documents and Functional Requirements Documents
- Direct experience delivering front-end code as apart of an the SHOP.CA development team
- Comfortable working directly with both Software Engineers and Business Users
- Previous experience working with dynamic markup languages to build dynamic web pages
- Appreciation for web standards, best-practices and site usability in B2C eCommerce applications
- Experience tuning and optimizing web sites for performance and cross platform compatibility
- Familiar with both Macs & PCs from a developer, designer and end user perspective
- Self motivated with ability to manage yourself independently
- A willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies
- Designing websites to maximize SEO
Highly Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Formal training/education in UX and human computer interaction
- Web analytics (Coremetrics, Google, Omniture) and appliying that information to optimize conversion
- How to use design as a part of SEO (search engine optimization)
- Mobile HTML optimization
- IBM Websphere Commerce Server experience
- JSP/Java Development
- Emerging use of RIA within eCommerce and how to incorporate these technologies
- Previous agency experience
Platform: Engineering / Development, platform developer
Come help build Canada’s largest and most innovative online eCommerce destination. Does contributing to a large-scale eCommerce platform, supporting millions of products, tens of thousands of orders per day and millions of site visits and page views once sound interesting? You will apply cutting edge development technologies to solve hard-core scale and integration problems and build high-demand, multi-threaded eCommerce applications. You will apply your existing PHP/J2EE knowledge to a large-scale real-time eCommerce platform through the design, implementation and support of new and existing eCommerce features.
- Work collaboratively with team members to clarify business requirements, create comprehensive and viable designs with effort estimations.
- Develop and enhance SHOP.CA’s distributed order management system
- Develop custom PHP applications on MySQL/Postgres in a RHEL environment
- Implementation of business logic in Java as a part of the overall eCommerce platform.
- Creating documentation for new features and application changes
- Supporting our QA team in testing your features formally (test scenarios) as well as informally.
- Working with our infrastructure team to debug issues as they arise in production.
- Innovating new solutions and researching new technologies that may complement SHOP.CA’s eCommerce site
We work in an aggressive, energetic and sometimes frantic environment where exceptional coders thrive. It’s not for the meek here, but if you have what it takes, we will push you hard and you’ll gain incredible experience and knowledge solving challenging software engineering projects.
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Very strong object-oriented design skills and expert PHP/Java skills. Experience with Eclipse is a plus.
- 5 years software development experience, solid understanding of PHP concepts coupled with real-world working experience
- Java 2 development and JVM tuning
- Redhat Enterprise Linux, Apache experience
- 3-5 years experience building web-based solutions utilizing jQuery, HTML5, JS, server and client side software
- Strong experience with database design and must be comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Experience with high-performance, multi-threaded or distributed computing environments a plus.
- Must be able to take initiative on projects and proactively offer suggestions and/or resolutions.
- Creative thinker, proactive, team player, and success-oriented who delivers on commitments.
- Experience developing using Agile (Scrum) software development methodologies
- Expertise developing products using XML, XPath, and XSD Schemas
- Complete understanding of the full product development lifecycle (design, development and testing)
Strongly Desirable Assets
- Familiarity with secure coding principles like PCI, ISO 17799/27002 an asset
- 2-3 years experience developing with platforms (ATG, Websphere, Magento, MS Commerce Server) a strong asset
- Site search technology experience (Endeca, Solr)
- Experience integrating disparate systems across the web using WebServices, SOAP, JSON, XML, RPC, REST