Shipping and Returns
My Account Help
Want To Join The Revolution?
We dream big, plan big and are executing big.
- Relentless focus on the customer
We are driven by these core values:
Think you have what it takes?
Send us your resume to start your journey with SHOP.CA: email@example.com
Currently available positions include:
Platform: Engineering / Development, web-developer, user interface / user experience
SHOP.CA is Canada’s newest and largest eCommerce destination – or at least it will be with your help and talent. We are seeking developers expert at web-based UI development.
- Act as a user interface developer within a multi-dimensional project team
- Use all available and emerging creative development tools in your work
- Work with and enhance project documentation related to storefront development. This includes, but is not limited to, Storefront Requirements Documents and Functional Requirements Documents
- Direct experience delivering front-end code as apart of an the SHOP.CA development team
- Comfortable working directly with both Software Engineers and Business Users
- Previous experience working with dynamic markup languages to build dynamic web pages
- Appreciation for web standards, best-practices and site usability in B2C eCommerce applications
- Experience tuning and optimizing web sites for performance and cross platform compatibility
- Familiar with both Macs & PCs from a developer, designer and end user perspective
- Self motivated with ability to manage yourself independently
- A willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies
- Designing websites to maximize SEO
Highly Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Formal training/education in UX and human computer interaction
- Web analytics (Coremetrics, Google, Omniture) and appliying that information to optimize conversion
- How to use design as a part of SEO (search engine optimization)
- Mobile HTML optimization
- IBM Websphere Commerce Server experience
- JSP/Java Development
- Emerging use of RIA within eCommerce and how to incorporate these technologies
- Previous agency experience
Platform: Engineering / Development, platform developer
Come help build Canada’s largest and most innovative online eCommerce destination. Does contributing to a large-scale eCommerce platform, supporting millions of products, tens of thousands of orders per day and millions of site visits and page views once sound interesting? You will apply cutting edge development technologies to solve hard-core scale and integration problems and build high-demand, multi-threaded eCommerce applications. You will apply your existing PHP/J2EE knowledge to a large-scale real-time eCommerce platform through the design, implementation and support of new and existing eCommerce features.
- Work collaboratively with team members to clarify business requirements, create comprehensive and viable designs with effort estimations.
- Develop and enhance SHOP.CA’s distributed order management system
- Develop custom PHP applications on MySQL/Postgress in a RHEL environment
- Implementation of business logic in Java as a part of the overall eCommerce platform.
- Creating documentation for new features and application changes
- Supporting our QA team in testing your features formally (test scenarios) as well as informally.
- Working with our infrastructure team to debug issues as they arise in production.
- Innovating new solutions and researching new technologies that may complement SHOP.CA’s eCommerce site
We work in an aggressive, energetic and sometimes frantic environment where exceptional coders thrive. It’s not for the meek here, but if you have what it takes, we will push you hard and you’ll gain incredible experience and knowledge solving challenging software engineering projects.
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Very strong object-oriented design skills and expert PHP/Java skills. Experience with Eclipse is a plus.
- 5 years software development experience, solid understanding of PHP concepts coupled with real-world working experience
- Java 2 development and JVM tuning
- Redhat Enterprise Linux, Apache experience
- 3-5 years experience building web-based solutions utilizing jQuery, HTML5, JS, server and client side software
- Strong experience with database design and must be comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Experience with high-performance, multi-threaded or distributed computing environments a plus.
- Must be able to take initiative on projects and proactively offer suggestions and/or resolutions.
- Creative thinker, proactive, team player, and success-oriented who delivers on commitments.
- Experience developing using Agile (Scrum) software development methodologies
- Expertise developing products using XML, XPath, and XSD Schemas
- Complete understanding of the full product development lifecycle (design, development and testing)
Strongly Desirable Assets
- Familiarity with secure coding principles like PCI, ISO 17799/27002 an asset
- 2-3 years experience developing with platforms (ATG, Websphere, Magento, MS Commerce Server) a strong asset
- Site search technology experience (Endeca, Solr)
- Experience integrating disparate systems across the web using WebServices, SOAP, JSON, XML, RPC, REST