The Seagate Savvio 10K.5 hard drive enables OEMs, system builders and data centers to:
- Improve storage efficiency;
- Ease capacity, interface and form factor transitions;
- Ensure data integrity and protection throughout the storage process even if the device is lost or stolen.
Key Features and Benefits
- Delivers the highest-capacity in a 2.5-inch, 10K-RPM hard drive (up to 900GB) to manage more data without increasing the number of drives;
- First SFF drive to offer four capacity points on a single platform;
- Industry-leading 0.44% AFR for field-proven reliability;
- Improves performance for faster data storage and access;
- Reduces power consumption and enables green IT initiatives;
- PowerChoice technology for T10-compliant power management enables IT organizations to tailor systems for performance and power consumption;
- Reduces system design, qualification and inventory costs for OEMs;
- Enables data centers to better manage hard drive transitions;
- Protection Information protects against inadvertent data change;
- Optional Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) models help companies be compliant with corporate and federal data security mandates and protect data-at-rest throughout the life of the storage device should the device be lost, stolen, and/or retired;
- Seagate Unified Storage architecture reduces system complexity and operating costs by converging disparate interfaces, form factors and security standards.